CASE SUMMARY: Full Mouth Reconstruction
by Carlos Castro, DDS, FACP, Board Certified Prosthodontist
As a Prosthodontist, I have experience planning multistage treatments and can coordinate with a patient’s general dentist and other dental specialists.
Jill’s treatment sequence included:
- A complete prosthodontic evaluation including CBCT scan, photographic analysis, Intraoral Optical scanning, and exam. We determined she was an excellent candidate for “Teeth-back in a Day” for the maxilla and a removable partial denture to re-establish posterior function on the mandible.
- For the maxilla, we developed a digital denture, performed an All-on-5 implant surgery, and provided her with an interim fixed implant prosthesis.
- For the mandible, we placed full-coverage crowns with endodontically treated teeth splinted to support a stable design of a partial removable denture.
- After completion of healing time, the maxillary fixed was replaced with a hybrid prosthesis.
- All lab prosthetics were fabricated at our in-house dental laboratory called Prostho Dental Lab, by an experienced and certified technician.
- Maxillary arch: Transitional fixed denture PMMA with characterized pink
composite. Final Zirconia fixed denture.
- Mandibular arch: Full coverage Zirconia crowns on teeth combined with a
metal-acrylic removable partial denture.
Do you have a patient in Jill’s situation? Or another complex case?
If you have a question about a case and want another opinion, give our office a call. Or, if there’s
a case that you want to work together on, please fill out and send in the enclosed referral form.
We will take great care of your patient and keep you informed. Dental professionals refer to us as The Reconstructive Dentistry Team because we perform complex cases every day.
Study Club In Prosthodontics
New Findings & Best Practices for Cosmetic & Restorative Dentistry
Do you want another opinion on a complex case? Or to meet and share ideas?
There are many ways we can help each other by working together on complex cases and by sharing knowledge and experience.
With your reputation for quality dental care and our experience with restorative treatments, we can work together on advanced cases and both benefit!
If you’d like to meet to discuss a difficult procedure or talk on the phone about how we can help each other, please call or email our office with specific days and times when you are available to talk or meet.
Registration for future events visit us at STUDY CLUB
The Reconstructive Dentistry Team
Georgia Prosthodontics is a specialty practice focused on Implant, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Dentistry. Drs. Castro & Delgado have the training and private practice experience that makes treatments of complex cases more successful, including the following examples:
• Patients with severely worn/damaged teeth, missing all teeth, or with ill-fitting dentures can receive a full arch of natural-looking teeth to restore function & esthetics.
• Patients with congenital defects, a chronic condition, or traumatic injury can receive oral prostheses, which may be a combination of dental implants, crowns, bridges, or veneers.
• Patients with difficult anterior cases in the esthetic zone can receive single or multiple dental implants to replace missing teeth, or veneers or crowns to improve the appearance of their smile.
In addition, they have a private dental laboratory called Prostho Dental Lab. An in-house, experienced, and certified dental technician creates each custom restoration for referred patients from the best materials using the latest technology. To send an implant case to our dental lab, please visit: www.prostholab.com
Online Referral Form
We appreciate your confidence in us. To refer one of your patients to a Prosthodontist you can either download our referral form or fill it out online and send it directly to us.
We look forward to hearing from you!