Carlos Castro DDS, FACP
Board Certified Prosthodontist in Atlanta
Dr. Carlos Castro is one of the most experienced and highly trained dentists in the Atlanta area. He and his team will work to address your unique needs and help you achieve the smile you have always wanted. You will enjoy your smile again!
Dr. Carlos Castro, Prosthodontist in Atlanta Over 20 years of experience
DDS: Doctor in Dental Surgery
– New York University College of Dentistry, New York, NY.
– Odontólogo: Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá, Colombia.
Post-Doctorate Education: Specialist in Prosthodontics, Specialist in Dental Implants
- Advanced Studies in Prosthodontics for International Graduates. New York University College of Dentistry.
- Advanced Education Program in Prosthodontics. New York University College of Dentistry.
- Advanced Education Program in Dental Implants. Columbia University School of Dental Medicine.
- Board certification: American Board of Prosthodontics, North East Regional Board, Central. Region Dental Board, Georgia State Dental Board, New York State Dental Board.
- Director Georgia Prosthodontics Study Club.
- Lecturer in Advanced Prosthodontics, Implant Dentistry, and Digital Dental Technologies.
- 2014 – 2018 Clinical Associate Professor, Postgraduate Program in Prosthodontics, Columbia University, College of Dental Medicine.
- 2006 – 2012 Clinical Instructor in Prosthodontics, New York University College of Dentistry.
Memberships: Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics, Fellow of the American College of Prosthodontics, Associate Fellow of the Greater New York Academy of Prosthodontics, Member of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists, Academy of Osseointegration, American Dental Association.
Awards: Finalist Frechette Research competition, International Association of Dental Research, Dr. Harold Litvak Fellowship Award, The Kenneth Adisman Award, Table Clinic award by the New York Section of the American College of Prosthodontics. “Impact of Facial Asymmetries on the Plane of Occlusion: A Simple Solution to Correct!”
DR. CARLOS CASTRO IS 2011 LITVAK FELLOWSHIP RECIPIENT
The Litvak Fellowship was established in 1999 through a generous grant from Mrs. Adele Block in honor of her dentist, Dr. Litvak, a clinical professor of prosthodontics at NYUCD and a generous donor to the College. Mrs. Block is a member of the family that owned the Block Drug Company, Inc., a major producer of oral and general healthcare products, which is now a division of GlaxoSmithKline.
Dr. Carlos Castro and Dr. Harold Litvak
Dr. Carlos A. Castro, ‘08, a second-year student in the Jonathan and Maxine Ferencz Advanced Education Program in Prosthodontics and a teaching fellow in prosthodontics has become the 13th. recipient of the Dr. Harold Litvak Junior Fellowship in Prosthodontics.
“Dr. Castro was awarded the fellowship based on his academic excellence, approach to patient care, and positive interactions with faculty and peers,” said Dr. Farhad Vahidi, associate professor of prosthodontics and director of the Jonathan and Maxine Ferencz Advanced Education Program in Prosthodontics.
Charity Work: New York University College of Dentistry Outreach to the Dominican Republic; San Vicente de Paul Hospital, Community Health Center, Gramalote, N/S, Colombia.
Dr. Carlos Castro and his Team are recognized as members and fellows of the highest dental organizations
Georgia Prosthodontics has in its team the only Board Certified Prosthodontist with Fellowship in Implant Dentistry serving Atlanta and Georgia.
Why do other dental professionals are working with Dr. Carlos Castro?
Dr. Carlos Castro is a true team player, working closely with the doctors caring for his patients, including cosmetic surgeons, speech therapists, otolaryngologists, and other dental specialists.
By sharing knowledge and experience, doctors can significantly help one another when they collaborate on complex cases.
If you would like to discuss collaborating on a difficult procedure, please call or email Dr. Castro with your availability.
“As the referring dentist, you know your patient’s mouth and have key insight into your patient’s needs. We want to work with you to provide your patients with the best possible treatment outcomes. We will treat your patient in a manner that will reflect well on you and strengthen your relationship with your patient. We are here to make you look good! When your patient’s care is completed, they are referred back to your office for their ongoing dental care. We are grateful for your colleagueship and trust with your patients!